Leukemia/Lymphoma Immunophenotyping by Flow Cytometry, Tissue
Specimen Type Describes the specimen type needed for testing
Specimen Required Defines the optimal specimen. This field describes the type of specimen required to perform the test and the preferred volume to complete testing. The volume allows automated processing, fastest throughput and, when indicated, repeat or reflex testing.
Specimen must arrive within 96 hours of collection.
Container/Tube: Sterile container with 15 mL of tissue culture medium (eg, Hank's balanced salt solution [Supply T132], RPMI, or equivalent)
Specimen Volume: 5 mm(3) or larger biopsy
1. Send intact specimen (do not mince).
2. Specimen cannot be fixed.
1. Date, time of collection, tissue type, and location are required.
2. A pathology/diagnostic report including the client surgical pathology case number, a brief history, reason for referral or clinical suspicion are required before the specimen will be processed.
1. Hematopathology Patient Information Sheet (Supply T676) in Special Instructions
2. If not ordering electronically, complete, print, and send a Hematopathology/Cytogenetics Test Request Form (T726) with the specimen (www.mayomedicallaboratories.com/media/customer-service/forms/hematopathology-request-form.pdf).
Specimen Minimum Volume Defines the amount of specimen required to perform an assay once, including instrument and container dead space. Submitting the minimum specimen volume makes it impossible to repeat the test or perform confirmatory or perform reflex testing. In some situations, a minimum specimen volume may result in a QNS (quantity not sufficient) result, requiring a second specimen to be collected.
Specimen Stability Information Provides a description of the temperatures required to transport a specimen to the laboratory. Alternate acceptable temperature(s) are also included.