|Values are valid only on day of printing.|
When this test is ordered, a screening panel and a professional interpretation will always be charged. The screening panel will be charged based on number of makers tested (FIRST for first marker, ADD1 for each additional marker). The interpretation will be set based on markers tested in increments of 9 to 15, or 16 and greater. In addition, reflex testing may occur to fully characterize a disease state or clarify any abnormalities from the screening test. Reflex tests will be performed at an additional charge for each marker tested (FIRST if applicable, ADD1 if applicable).
The tissue panel is initially performed to evaluate for monotypic B-cells by kappa and lambda light chain expression, and increased numbers of blasts and plasma cells by CD45 expression along with side scatter gating. The panel can also evaluate T cells with CD3, CD5, and CD7. Additionally, viability is assessed on all tissue specimens using 7-AAD exclusion.
This panel, together with the provided clinical history and morphologic review, is used to determine what, if any, further testing is needed for disease diagnosis or classification. If additional testing is required, it will be added per algorithm to fully characterize a disease state with a charge per unique antibody tested.
In addition to reflexing flow cytometric panels, FISH or molecular testing may be recommended by the Mayo pathologist to facilitate diagnosis. They will contact the referring physician or pathologist to confirm the addition of these tests.
Specimen must arrive within 96 hours of collection.
Container/Tube: Sterile container with 15 mL of tissue culture medium (eg, Hank's balanced salt solution [T132], RPMI, or equivalent)
Specimen Volume: 5 mm(3) or larger biopsy
1. Send intact specimen (do not mince).
2. Specimen cannot be fixed.
1. Date, time of collection, tissue type, and location are required.
2. A pathology/diagnostic report including the client surgical pathology case number, a brief history, reason for referral or clinical suspicion are required before the specimen will be processed.
1. Hematopathology Patient Information (T676) in Special Instructions
2. If not ordering electronically, complete, print, and send a Hematopathology/Cytogenetics Test Request Form (T726) with the specimen