|Values are valid only on day of printing.|
Specimen must arrive within 96 hours of collection.
Container/Tube: Sterile container with 15 mL of tissue culture medium (eg, Hank's balanced salt solution [T132], RPMI, or equivalent)
Specimen Volume: 5 mm(3) or larger biopsy
1. Send intact specimen (do not mince).
2. Specimen cannot be fixed.
1. Date, time of collection, tissue type, and location are required.
2. A pathology/diagnostic report including the client surgical pathology case number, a brief history, reason for referral or clinical suspicion are required before the specimen will be processed.
1. Hematopathology Patient Information Sheet (T676) in Special Instructions
2. If not ordering electronically, complete, print, and send a Hematopathology/Cytogenetics Test Request Form (T726) with the specimen