Competitive Bidding News
The Medicare Modernization Act passed by Congress in 2003 included a mandate to conduct a Competitive Bidding Demonstration Project. This demonstration is intended to test whether competitive bidding can reduce the cost of purchasing clinical laboratory services for the Medicare program.
Implementation of the Competitive Bidding Demonstration Project may significantly impact laboratories and those using laboratory services.
The documents below provide details:
- Statement Of The Clinical Laboratory Coalition In Response To CMS Open Door Forum
- House Small Business Committee - Hearing on Competitive Bidding for Clinical Lab Services - July 25, 2007 - Testimony of Mary Jo Bonifas
- Letter from John Dingell of the Committee on Energy and Commerce to Michael Leavitt, Secretary of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Statement by Nydia M. Velazquez
- Up-to-the-minute information on Competitive Bidding