Frequently Asked Questions
- Is it acceptable to send additional paperwork with missing information form to save on rewriting and/or to prevent error caused by interpretation?
- Sometimes I have additional information I want to share with Mayo related to a specimen such as shared specimen, additional specimen, difficult collection, etc. Is it acceptable in to write the information on the batch sheet?
- What constitutes a batch in MayoAccess and is it contained to one batch sheet?
These steps are specific to MayoAccess, which is designed to be the sole long-term reference laboratory IT solution for clients of Mayo Medical Laboratories.
If MayoAccess is not available, refer to the Downtime Forms page.
Step 1. Log in and submit the test request:
Refer to the Specimen Requirements in the Test Catalog for details.
- Log into MayoAccess.
- Ensure all relevant information is provided for each test.
- Submit the test request.
Step 2. Pack and ship the specimen:
Refer to Specimen Transport for packing and shipping details.
- Pack the specimen and include any required forms.
- Ship the specimen.