Frequently Asked Questions
- At the time of order entry I did not have all the information to answer test questions and therefore the lab is missing information needed for testing. Is it acceptable to write the missing answers on the batch sheet?
- Sometimes I have additional information I want to share with Mayo related to a specimen such as shared specimen, additional specimen, difficult collection, etc. Is it acceptable in to write the information on the batch sheet?
- Does Mayo require clients to tape the labels on specimen containers?
These steps are specific to MayoACCESS which is designed to be the sole long-term reference laboratory IT solution for clients of Mayo Medical Laboratories.
If MayoACCESS is not available, refer to the Downtime Forms page.
Step 1. Log in and submit the test request:
Refer to the Specimen Requirements in the Test Catalog for details.
- Log into MayoACCESS.
- Ensure all relevant information is provided for each test.
- Submit the test request.
Step 2. Pack and ship the specimen:
Refer to Specimen Transport for packing and shipping details.
- Pack the specimen and include any required forms.
- Ship the specimen.