Frequently Asked Questions
- The batch sheet and labels give a transport temperature of “R” for refrigerate but I know that Mayo will accept a frozen sample. How do I notify Mayo I am sending a sample at a temperature other than what is listed on the batch sheet and labels?
- Can I reprint labels, orders, batch sheets and missing information forms in MayoAccess?
- When packing my specimens, what do I do if multiple sheets of paper print for the batch I just closed?
These steps are specific to MayoACCESS which is designed to be the sole long-term reference laboratory IT solution for clients of Mayo Medical Laboratories.
If MayoACCESS is not available, refer to the Downtime Forms page.
Step 1. Log in and submit the test request:
Refer to the Specimen Requirements in the Test Catalog for details.
- Log into MayoACCESS.
- Ensure all relevant information is provided for each test.
- Submit the test request.
Step 2. Pack and ship the specimen:
Refer to Specimen Transport for packing and shipping details.
- Pack the specimen and include any required forms.
- Ship the specimen.