Frequently Asked Questions
- There are times I need to perform a patient name change after I have sent an order through MayoAccess, but when I go to patient demographics, the patient’s name is grayed out. How should change the name for that patient and order?
- Can I reprint labels, orders, batch sheets and missing information forms in MayoAccess?
- Do I have to use MayoAccess labels or can I use my LIS labels?
These steps are specific to MayoACCESS which is designed to be the sole long-term reference laboratory IT solution for clients of Mayo Medical Laboratories.
If MayoACCESS is not available, refer to the Downtime Forms page.
Step 1. Log in and submit the test request:
Refer to the Specimen Requirements in the Test Catalog for details.
- Log into MayoACCESS.
- Ensure all relevant information is provided for each test.
- Submit the test request.
Step 2. Pack and ship the specimen:
Refer to Specimen Transport for packing and shipping details.
- Pack the specimen and include any required forms.
- Ship the specimen.