Clinical Information Discusses physiology, pathophysiology, and general clinical aspects, as they relate to a laboratory test
p40 is an antibody that recognizes the deltaNp63 isoform of p63. This isoform may exert an oncogenic effect and is selectively expressed in squamous cell carcinoma.
Diagnosis and classification of carcinomas and lymphomas
This test will be processed as a pathology consultation. An interpretation will be provided.
Clinical References Provides recommendations for further in-depth reading of a clinical nature
1. Travis WD, Brambilla E, Noguchi M, et al: Diagnosis of Lung Cancer in Small Biopsies and Cytology: Implications of the 2011 International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer/American Thoracic Society/European Respiratory Society Classification. Arch Pathol Lab Med 2012 Sep 12. (Epub ahead of print)
2. Nonaka D. A study of deltaNp63 expression in lung non-small cell carcinomas. Am J Surg Pathol 2012;36(6):895-899
3. Pelosi G, Fabbri A, Bianchi F, et al: DeltaNp63 (p40) and thyroid transcription factor-1 immunoreactivity on small biopsies or cellblocks for typing non-small cell lung cancer: a novel two-hit, sparing-material approach. J Thorac Oncol 2012;7(2):281-290
4. Bishop JA, Teruya-Feldstein J, Westra WH et al: p40 (ΔNp63) is superior to p63 for the diagnosis of pulmonary squamous cell carcinoma. Mod Pathol 2012;25(3):405-415
5. Geddert H, Kiel S, Heep HJ, et al: The role of p63 and deltaNp63 (p40) protein expression and gene amplification in esophageal carcinogenesis. Hum Pathol 2003;34(9):850-856