Phlebotomy 2011: Innovations in Quality, Service and Patient Care
October 6-7, 2011
Kahler Grand Hotel
This two-day conference will provide you with insight into the importance of not only providing quality service to your facility’s customers but also ensuring that a Quality Management System is put into practice and maintained. Additionally, you will be provided with standardized training information, service recovery opportunities, guidelines to diffusing destructive disagreements and how to positively reinforce people to build better relationships.
The conference format balances topics of general interest, which are presented in large group sessions, with specific breakout sessions geared towards phlebotomists, phlebotomy educators and management staff.
Upon completion of the conference, participants should be able to:
- Identify the importance of standardized training
- Create solutions on how to diffuse destructive disagreements
- Retain customers, patients and colleagues by giving quality service
- Recognize the important aspects of a Quality Management System
- Describe and practice service recovery opportunities
- Apply the power of positive reinforcement in building relationships
This conference is designed for phlebotomists, phlebotomy managers, phlebotomy educators, and other patient care staff involved in specimen collection.
Attendance at this Mayo conference does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures that may be discussed or taught in this course.