Utilization Management 2014
Demonstrating and Delivering Value
September 22-23, 2014
The DoubleTree Hotel
This conference will focus on the reasons and practical how-to approaches that will better enable hospital laboratories and pathology practices to move toward value based medicine. Health care requires collaboration between patients, the hospital, physicians, pathologists and payers. New measurements are taking hold to include shared risk payment, quality impacts to reimbursement and realigned incentives. Test utilization management is an integral part of improving quality and outcomes at a lower cost.
This course will offer a range of perspectives from health care leaders including: payers, pathologists, genetic counselors and physicians from both large and small institutions. Based upon last year’s attendees, we expect to see a number of pathologist, physicians and healthcare executives in the audience, creating a forum for rich discussion and practice sharing. We hope to see you and your colleagues in Rochester this September.
Upon completion of the conference, participants should be able to:
- Identify tools and strategies that may be useful in both evaluating and controlling test utilization
- Analyze the causes behind inappropriate utilization of laboratory tests
- Recognize the value of utilization management to both in-patient and out-patient populations
- Communicate the value of utilization management to ordering physicians for all sites of care
- Develop and implement utilization support and processes
- Chief Medical Officers and Directors
- Payer leadership
- Hospital leadership
Attendance at this Mayo conference does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures that may be discussed or taught in this course.
Contact the Education Department at 800-533-1710 or 507-284-0286 or email