Patient Report Inquiries
Intended for patient inquiries only
This page is for patients who want to receive their individual reports for tests performed at Mayo Medical Laboratories. Mayo Medical Laboratories will provide test reports to patients who request them. Refer to the following FAQs for additional information before submitting your request.
What are your hours of service?
Hours of operation: Monday–Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. CST
How can I access or receive my medical record information?
Patients have the following options:
- If you are requesting a complete medical history, contact your primary care provider.
- Mayo Medical Laboratories can, by law, only release reports on tests performed at Mayo Medical Laboratories.
- You may request reports to be sent directly to another provider for continuing care purposes at no charge.
- You may request reports that you choose to receive personally, and charges will apply.
Will Mayo Medical Laboratories provide all reports?
If you are looking for a comprehensive review of medical reports, work directly with your primary care provider. Mayo Medical Laboratories will release reports on tests performed at Mayo Medical Laboratories.
Why does Mayo Medical Laboratories need a copy of insurance cards, driver’s license, or ID for verification?
Mayo Medical Laboratories might request one of these forms of identification to help in our search for the medical reports.
Is there a charge for copies of my medical reports?
Yes. If you request your reports to be sent to you personally, you will be charged $17.54 for retrieval services and $1.32 per page. You can pay with VISA, MasterCard, American Express, or a personal check. Mayo Medical Laboratories does not accept cash for copies of your medical reports. When Mayo Medical Laboratories locates your reports, you will be notified of the exact charge. Prepayment is required prior to the release of reports.
If I have been seen at Mayo Clinic, can I get my reports from Mayo Medical Laboratories?
Mayo Medical Laboratories only provides reports for tests performed here. If you have been seen at one of the following Mayo Clinic locations, use the following contact information:
- Mayo Clinic Hospital, Rochester, Minnesota: 507-284-4594
- Mayo Clinic Hospital, Phoenix, Arizona: 480-301-4211
- Mayo Clinic Hospital, Jacksonville, Florida: 904-953-2676
- Mayo Clinic Health System: Contact your local health care system directly