- Phone Number and Address
- Licenses and Certificates
- Requests (PHI Secured)
- Request Information
- MayoAccess Notes
- New Client Center
- Report Portal
- Client Price Portal
- Additional Test Report
- Quality Report Portal
- Electronic Invoices
Frequently Asked Questions
FAQs Ordering Tests Transporting Specimens
How do I ship a specimen to Mayo Medical Laboratories?
See the Specimen Handling section.
- What are the specimen shipping requirements?
- What courier should I use to ship specimens?
- How do I determine if my specimen is a Category A infectious substance affecting humans?
- How do I package and ship infectious material?
- Can I order tests on or around holidays?
- To what address do I ship specimens?
- How do I send a specimen to Mayo Medical Laboratories from my international location?
- How do I get my specimen through U.S. Customs?
- The batch sheet and labels give a transport temperature of “R” for refrigerate but I know that Mayo will accept a frozen sample. How do I notify Mayo I am sending a sample at a temperature other than what is listed on the batch sheet and labels?
- When packing my specimens, what do I do if multiple sheets of paper print for the batch I just closed?
- What should I do when I place an order for a shared specimen that cannot be split and is performed at two different Mayo Laboratories? (Example: Jacksonville and Rochester Laboratories)
- When shipping, how should I fold the batch sheet to protect patient privacy?
- What happens when insufficient specimen identification is submitted?
- How long do I need to retain a copy of the Shipper's Declaration for Dangerous Goods?