Why was my specimen rejected?
All tests have unique requirements. Your specimen may have failed to meet one of the following requirements:
- specimen type (for example: plasma, serum, whole blood)
- specimen volume
- patient information
- two person-specific identifiers on the patient label affixed to the test tube
- specimen container (for example; metal-free, separation gel, appropriate preservative)
- transport medium
- temperature (ambient, frozen or refrigerated)
- 24-hour collection for timed urine specimens
- pH of urine
- lack of hemolysis/lipemia
To avoid specimen rejection or delayed turnaround times, read the Specimen Required section on the Specimen tab of each test.
More questions in this category
| All questions