- Phone Number and Address
- Quality and Compliance
- Requests (PHI Secured)
- Request Information
- Patient Test Reports
- New Client Center
- Report Portal
- Client Price Portal
- Additional Test Report
- Quality Report Portal
- Reportable Disease Portal
- Electronic Invoices
Frequently Asked Questions
FAQs Ordering Tests Preparing Your Specimen
What is the urine collection process for my specimen?
24-Hour Urine Collections: We provide 24-hour urine collection containers. Use the following procedure for correct specimen collection and preparation.
- Warn patient of presence of potentially hazardous preservatives in collection container.
- Instruct patient to discard first-morning specimen and to record time of voiding.
- Patient should collect all subsequent voided urine for remainder of the day and night.
- Collect first-morning specimen on day 2 at same time as noted on day 1.
- Mix well before aliquoting and provide total volume of 24-hour urine collection.
Random Collections: For routine analysis and microscopic evaluation, have patient void into a clean container. Specimen should be capped, labeled, and refrigerated until courier pickup time. A "clean-catch" or midstream specimen is preferred. Patient should first void a small amount of urine which is discarded. Some of the urine should then be collected in a clean container before voiding is completed.