Do I have to use MayoAccess batch sheets or may I use my own LIS batch sheet?
Mayo Medical Laboratories requires the use of MayoAccess batch sheets for all specimens. This aallows for courier tracking and for clear specimen identification when the specimen is received at Mayo.
- Can I use either a test mnemonic or test code when placing an order in MayoAccess?
- During Rapid Order Entry will I be able to see the tests I have ordered by their names when I enter the test code?
- I like to use the Rapid Order Entry but would like to access the short list and custom profiles for ordering convenience. Is that possible?
- Do I need to place an order to view the MayoAccess Test Catalog?
- If I type a large amount of information in Performing Lab Notes or Report Notes will I be able to format the way it is displayed on the batch sheet or the Lab reports via carriage returns, etc.?
- What is a WILD Test?
- Can I order multiple WILD tests together on one accession?
- Can I order the same WILD test code multiple times on the same accession?
- When ordering a WILD test is it acceptable to enter WILD50?
- There are times I need to perform a patient name change after I have sent an order through MayoAccess, but when I go to patient demographics, the patient’s name is grayed out. How should change the name for that patient and order?
- How do I change the patient demographic information prior to sending another order when there are pending orders in the system and the name is grayed out?
- How can I add a test to an order once the order has been batched?
- Do I need to write a note about adding the test on the batch sheet?
- I have noticed that MayoAccess has the ability to both delete a test and/or cancel a test. How do I know which one to use?
- How can I cancel a test on an order once the order has been batched?
- Do I need to write a note about canceling a test on the batch sheet?
- The batch sheet and labels give a transport temperature of “R” for refrigerate but I know that Mayo will accept a frozen sample. How do I notify Mayo I am sending a sample at a temperature other than what is listed on the batch sheet and labels?
- At the time of order entry I did not have all the information to answer test questions and therefore the lab is missing information needed for testing. Is it acceptable to write the missing answers on the batch sheet?
- Is it acceptable to send additional paperwork with missing information form to save on rewriting and/or to prevent error caused by interpretation?
- Many of the questions in MayoAccess allow free text entry. Is there a preferred answer for the following?
- Sometimes I have additional information I want to share with Mayo related to a specimen such as shared specimen, additional specimen, difficult collection, etc. Is it acceptable in to write the information on the batch sheet?
- I have special billing needs that previously were handled by a stamping on the batch sheet. Should this practice continue with MayoAccess?
- Can I reprint labels, orders, batch sheets and missing information forms in MayoAccess?
- Do I have to use MayoACCESS labels or can I use my LIS labels?
- Does Mayo require clients to tape the labels on specimen containers?
- What constitutes a batch in MayoAccess and is it contained to one batch sheet?
- When packing my specimens, what do I do if multiple sheets of paper print for the batch I just closed?
- How many orders does MayoAccess allow per batch?
- Unbatchable Orders - Error Messages and Solutions
- When shipping, how should I fold the batch sheet to protect patient privacy?
More questions in this category
| All questions