- Contact Us
- Quality and Compliance
- Requests (PHI Secured)
- Request Information
- Patient Test Reports
- New Client Center
- Report Portal
- Client Price Portal
- Additional Test Report
- Quality Report Portal
- Reportable Disease Portal
- Electronic Invoices
Frequently Asked Questions
FAQs Dangerous Goods Training
Who needs Dangerous Goods training?
By law, any person who causes dangerous goods to be transported by a public carrier must follow specific regulations and must have proof of training.
In a laboratory environment, sendout staff, those who transport dangerous goods, and those who receive dangerous goods are among those that require training.
Upon completion of the Dangerous Goods Training, course, you will be eligible to take an online self-assessment quiz to obtain a dangerous goods shipping training completion certificate.
This self-paced training and evaluation process is only one component of the client support offered by Mayo Medical Laboratories.
- If I work in a hospital laboratory send-out area and I get a courier pick up, do I need Dangerous Goods Training?
- Is the Dangerous Goods Training course/test different from the online packing and shipping information that you offer?
- If I am not shipping a Category A Infectious Substance, do I still need to take the Dangerous Goods Training?
- Why not simply classify all medical specimens as Category A? That way I would be sure that I never "under-classify" any shipments.
- Do I need to keep a certificate of training with me whenever I transport Category A specimens?
- Does Mayo Medical Laboratories need to have a copy of the hospital client's or courier's certificate of training?
- Is Dangerous Goods training IATA certified?
- Is there a cost for Dangerous Goods training?
- How do I receive credit/proof of Dangerous Goods training?