- Phone Number and Address
- Licenses and Certificates
- Requests (PHI Secured)
- Request Information
- MayoAccess Notes
- New Client Center
- Report Portal
- Client Price Portal
- Additional Test Report
- Quality Report Portal
- Electronic Invoices
Frequently Asked Questions
FAQs Dangerous Goods Training
If I work in a hospital laboratory send-out area and I get a courier pick up, do I need Dangerous Goods Training?
Yes. Hospital staff involved in classifying or packaging of specimens that will be transported on a public highway or on an airplane are required to be trained per 49CFR, 172.700.
- Is the Dangerous Goods Training course/test different from the online packing and shipping information that you offer?
- If I am not shipping a Category A Infectious Substance, do I need still need to take the Dangerous Goods Training?
- Why not simply classify all medical specimens as Category A? That way I would be sure that I never "under-classify" any shipments.
- Do I need to keep a certificate of training with me whenever I transport Category A specimens?
- Does Mayo Medical Laboratories need to have a copy of the hospital client's or courier's certificate of training?