- Phone Number and Address
- Licenses and Certificates
- Requests (PHI Secured)
- Request Information
- MayoAccess Notes
- New Client Center
- Report Portal
- Client Price Portal
- Additional Test Report
- Quality Report Portal
- Electronic Invoices
Frequently Asked Questions
FAQs Dangerous Goods Training
Is the Dangerous Goods Training course/test different from the online packing and shipping information that you offer?
Yes. By law, any person who causes dangerous goods to be transported by a public carrier must follow specific regulations and must have proof of training. The online Dangerous Goods Training is intended to assist hospital employees, courier drivers, and others who may classify, package, or transport medical specimens to comply with US DOT and ICAO/IATA rules and regulations.
- If I work in a hospital laboratory send-out area and I get a courier pick up, do I need Dangerous Goods Training?
- If I am not shipping a Category A Infectious Substance, do I still need to take the Dangerous Goods Training?
- Why not simply classify all medical specimens as Category A? That way I would be sure that I never "under-classify" any shipments.
- Do I need to keep a certificate of training with me whenever I transport Category A specimens?
- Does Mayo Medical Laboratories need to have a copy of the hospital client's or courier's certificate of training?
- Who needs Dangerous Goods training?
- Is Dangerous Goods training IATA certified?
- Is there a cost for Dangerous Goods training?
- How do I receive credit/proof of Dangerous Goods training?