- Contact Us
- Quality and Compliance
- Requests (PHI Secured)
- Request Information
- Patient Test Reports
- New Client Center
- Report Portal
- Client Price Portal
- Additional Tests Report
- Quality Report Portal
- Reportable Disease Portal
- Electronic Invoices
Frequently Asked Questions
FAQs Dangerous Goods Training
If I am not shipping a Category A Infectious Substance, do I still need to take the Dangerous Goods training?
Yes. By law, any person who causes dangerous goods to be transported by a public carrier must follow specific regulations and must have proof of training.
The online Dangerous Goods Training is intended to assist hospital employees, courier drivers, and others who may classify, package, or transport medical specimens to comply with US DOT and ICAO/IATA rules and regulations. Both Category A Infectious Substance Affecting Humans and Category B Biological Substance are assigned to Hazard Class 6, Division 6.2
- If I work in a hospital laboratory sendout area and a courier picks up our specimens, do I need Dangerous Goods training?
- Is the Dangerous Goods training course different from the online packing and shipping information that you offer?
- Why not simply classify all medical specimens as Category A, to avoid underclassifying shipments?
- Do I need to keep a certificate of training with me whenever I transport Category A specimens?
- Does Mayo Medical Laboratories need to have a copy of the hospital client's or courier's certificate of training?
- Who needs Dangerous Goods training?
- Is Dangerous Goods training IATA certified?
- Is there a cost for Dangerous Goods training?
- How do I receive credit and proof of Dangerous Goods training?