- Phone Number and Address
- Licenses and Certificates
- Requests (PHI Secured)
- Request Information
- MayoAccess Notes
- New Client Center
- Report Portal
- Client Price Portal
- Additional Test Report
- Quality Report Portal
- Electronic Invoices
Frequently Asked Questions
FAQs Dangerous Goods Training
If I am not shipping a Category A Infectious Substance, do I need still need to take the Dangerous Goods Training?
Yes. By law, any person who causes dangerous goods to be transported by a public carrier must follow specific regulations and must have proof of training.
This online training is intended to assist hospital employees, courier drivers, and others who may classify, package, or transport medical specimens to comply with US DOT and ICAO/IATA rules and regulations. Both Category A Infectious Substance Affecting Humans and Category B Biological Substance are assigned to Hazard Class 6, Division 6.2
- If I work in a hospital laboratory send-out area and I get a courier pick up, do I need Dangerous Goods Training?
- Is the Dangerous Goods Training course/test different from the online packing and shipping information that you offer?
- Why not simply classify all medical specimens as Category A? That way I would be sure that I never "under-classify" any shipments.
- Do I need to keep a certificate of training with me whenever I transport Category A specimens?
- Does Mayo Medical Laboratories need to have a copy of the hospital client's or courier's certificate of training?