- Phone Number and Address
- Quality and Compliance
- Requests (PHI Secured)
- Request Information
- Patient Test Reports
- New Client Center
- Report Portal
- Client Price Portal
- Additional Test Report
- Quality Report Portal
- Reportable Disease Portal
- Electronic Invoices
Frequently Asked Questions
FAQs Dangerous Goods Training
How do I receive credit/proof of Dangerous Goods training?
The process consists of training and a quiz. Complete the following steps:
- Watch the training video or read the materials on the Dangerous Goods Training page.
- Take and pass the Dangerous Goods Shipping Certification quiz and evaluation (Once signed in, click the Start Evaluation button)
- Note: You will be prompted to register and sign in to access the quiz.
- You must pass this quiz with a score of 80% or greater to obtain a certificate.
- Generate and print the Dangerous Goods Certificate that launches automatically at the end of the evaluation. If you have problems, refer to the FAQ: How do I print a certificate for a program I viewed or attended?
- Sign the certificate and have a trainer or supervisor at your facility sign as "Facilitator."
- Retain a copy of the training completion certificate and a copy of these training materials according to your laboratory's procedures.
- If I work in a hospital laboratory send-out area and I get a courier pick up, do I need Dangerous Goods Training?
- Is the Dangerous Goods Training course/test different from the online packing and shipping information that you offer?
- If I am not shipping a Category A Infectious Substance, do I still need to take the Dangerous Goods Training?
- Why not simply classify all medical specimens as Category A? That way I would be sure that I never "under-classify" any shipments.
- Do I need to keep a certificate of training with me whenever I transport Category A specimens?
- Does Mayo Medical Laboratories need to have a copy of the hospital client's or courier's certificate of training?
- Who needs Dangerous Goods training?
- Is Dangerous Goods training IATA certified?
- Is there a cost for Dangerous Goods training?