PDF Now Available
The Hot Topic presentation slides and transcript are now available as a PDF. The slide-by-slide read version will continue to be offered through July 2012.
Download the Anaerobic Bacteriology PDF.
Welcome to Mayo Medical Laboratories' Hot Topics. These presentations provide short discussions of current topics and may be helpful to you in your practice.
Our presenter for this program is Dr. Jon Rosenblatt, a Professor of Medicine and Microbiology, as well as a consultant in the Division of Clinical Microbiology at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota. Dr. Rosenblatt discusses the process for successful culture and identification of anaerobic bacteria. Thank you, Dr. Rosenblatt.
Thank you, Sharon.
Jump to section:
- Anaerobic Bacteria
- Principal Anaerobic Pathogens
- Specimen Selection: Avoid Contamination With Normal Flora
- Inappropriate Specimens
- Collection and Transport
- Anaerobic Transport Vials
- Anaerobic Transporters
- Anaerobic Culture Media
- Primary Culture CO2 Holding Jar with Flow Meter
- Anaerobic Jars Set Up Using the Anaero-Pack
- Anaerobic Glove Box
- Anaerobe Culture Triage
- Anaerobe Culture Triage (cont.)
- Colonial Morphology
- Pigmented Colonies
- Rapid Identification Using Gram Stain
- 16S Ribosomal RNA Sequence of Bacteroides fragilis
- Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing
- AST Methods
- Illustration of the Components of the E-test Method
- Susceptibility Testing by E-test
- Anaerobe Antimicrobial Panels
- Special Thanks