Autoantibody Profiles of Myasthenia Gravis, Thymoma, and Lambert-Eaton Myasthenic Syndrome
An algorithmic testing approach using established autoantibody profiles can assist the clinician in the diagnosis of myasthenia gravis and Lambert-Eaton myasthenic syndrome. Dr. McKeon will review the serological diagnostic algorithms for myasthenia gravis (MG), thymoma, and Lambert-Eaton myasthenic syndrome (LES). He will define the clinical aspects of each disorder and describe diagnostic laboratory testing recommendations.
- Andrew McKeon, MB BCh, consultant in the Neuroimmunology Laboratory in the Division of Clinical Biochemistry and Immunology, Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota
- MGEA/83370 Myasthenia Gravis (MG) Evaluation, Adult
- MGEP/83371 Myasthenia Gravis (MG) Evaluation, Pediatric
- MGETH/83372 Myasthenia Gravis (MG) Evaluation, Thymoma
- MGLES/83369 Myasthenia Gravis (MG)/Lambert-Eaton Syndrome (LES) Evaluation
- STR/8746 Striational (Striated Muscle) Antibodies, Serum
- ARBI/8338 Acetylcholine Receptor (Muscle AChR) Binding Antibody, Serum
- GD65S/81596 Glutamic Acid Decarboxylase (GAD65) Antibody Assay, Serum
- GD65C/84221 Glutamic Acid Decarboxylase (GAD65) Antibody Assay, Spinal Fluid
Forward to a Colleague
Share this presentation with:
- Internal Medicine Physicians
If you have questions, e-mail .