Circulating Tumor Cells and the CellSearch Assay
Click CC to turn on closed captioning.
Dr. Halling will provide an overview of the metastatic process in cancer and how circulating tumor cell counts influence prognosis and overall survival in metastatic breast, colorectal, or prostate cancer.
Mr. Campion will discuss the technical aspects of a novel assay for enumerating circulating tumor cells in peripheral blood and cite several clinical trial studies describing the clinical utility of this assay.
- Kevin Halling, MD, PhD of the Division of Laboratory Genetics
- Michael Campion of the Division of Laboratory Genetics
- Circulating Tumor Cells (CTC) for Breast Cancer by CellSearch, Blood
- Circulating Tumor Cells (CTC) for Colorectal Cancer by CellSearch, Blood
- Circulating Tumor Cells (CTC) for Prostate Cancer by CellSearch, Blood
Forward to a Colleague
Share this presentation with:
- Women’s Health Physicians
If you have questions, e-mail