Maternal Serum Screening
Down Syndrome, Trisomy 18 and Neural Tube Defects
Click CC to turn on closed captioning.
Dr. Algeciras-Schimnich provides an overview of maternal serum screening for Down syndrome, trisomy 18, and neural tube defects. She discusses the options available for maternal serum screening, describes the differences between available screening protocols, and describes what information the laboratory tests can provide.
- Alicia Algeciras-Schimnich, PhD, Assistant Professor of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology and Director of the Automated Immunoassay Laboratory in the Division of Clinical Biochemistry & Immunology at Mayo Clinic
- First Trimester Maternal Screen
- Quad Screen (Second Trimester) Maternal, Serum
- AFP single marker screen, Maternal, Serum
- Sequential Maternal Screen, Part 1
- Sequential Maternal Screen, Part 2
Forward to a Colleague
Share this presentation with:
- Family Medicine Physicians
- Geneticists and Genetic Counselors
If you have questions, e-mail