Division of Anatomic Pathology
The Division of Anatomic Pathology is the largest and most comprehensive academic anatomic pathology consultative practice in the U.S. The consulting staff in the Division of Anatomic Pathology has expertise in surgical pathology, cytopathology, autopsy, as well as a wide range of subspecialty areas to support Mayo Clinic and the consultative practice.
- Fifty pathologists with subspecialty expertise in all areas of surgical pathology, cytopathology, and autopsy pathology
- Consultative expertise provided for nearly 50,000 cases submitted from referring physicians each year
- Experience from approximately 60,000 Mayo Clinic surgical and 120,000 cytology cases annually
- Results phoned and letters written to you by the consulting pathologist
- Rapid turnaround time
- Competitive fees
- State-of-the-art methods in:
- In situ hybridization analysis
- Molecular diagnostics
- Digital image analysis
- Electron microscopy
Loren P. Herrera Hernandez, M.D.