Register for Mayo Medical Laboratories
United States, Canada
- More options
- +1 507 266 5700
- More options
Reference Laboratory Services for
Health Care Organizations
A new encephalopathy autoimmune evaluation is now available. View this post to learn what providers should know about autoimmune encephalopathy, our testing approach, as well as interpretation, follow-up, and additional considerations once the test has been ordered.
In May, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) confirmed two cases of Middle East Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus (MERS-CoV) in the United States. To ensure health care providers know how to handle suspected cases, the Mayo Clinic Virology Laboratory has put together a list of six things providers need to know.
Mayo Clinic has achieved the highest honor in U.S. News and World Report’s ranking of top hospitals. Mayo Clinic earned more number one rankings than any other provider, ranking number one or number two in 11 of the 12 specialties based on reputation, services and volumes, safety and clinical outcomes.
While unseen in the Americas, Chikungunya virus has now been documented in the Caribbean with the potential to spread into the United States.* Aedes species mosquitos transmit Chikungunya virus and are widely distributed throughout the East and Southeastern United States, and have been identified as far North as Minnesota and as far West as western Texas. Prevention of mosquito bites and local transmission of the virus is crucial to preventing the spread of this debilitating disease. (*Editor's note: First locally acquired case reported in United States on July 17, 2014)
- CDC Announces First Chikungunya Case Acquired in United States
- Using Quality Assurance to Improve Outreach Patient Experience
- Novel BCR-ABL1 Fusion Identified by Targeted Next-Generation Sequencing in a Patient with an atypical Myeloproliferative Neoplasm
- Week In Review — July 11
- Epilepsy, Autoimmune Evaluation [A Test in Focus]
- Dementia, Autoimmune Evaluation [A Test in Focus]
- Clinical Utilization of Genomics Data
- Week In Review — July 4
- July 4th Marks 75th Anniversary of Lou Gehrig’s Farewell Speech #throwbackthursdays
- The Diagnosis of Autoimmune Encephalopathies, Dementias, and Epilepsies [Communiqué]